- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 12 tablespoons butter (1 1/2 sticks), softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp banana extract (optional)
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped ripe banana (2 medium sized bananas)
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon bourbon or pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
This is the 3rd variation of this bundt recipe that I’ve tried and it was just as amazing as my Cranberry-Orange Bundt Cake and my Baked Buttermilk Doughnuts. This cake is so moist and versatile and works perfectly as a large bundt, mini bundts or as baked doughnuts.
These mini bundts make an amazing quick and easy breakfast and a perfect holiday gift. I made 12 bundts and 6 doughnuts with this recipe using the given bourbon glaze on the doughnuts and a lighter pineapple glaze on the bundt cakes. They were both fabulous and extremely addicting. No matter which variation you choose, this is a cake you’ll make time and time again.
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Coat 18 mini Bundt cups with baking spray.
3. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cinnamon together in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
4. Place granulated sugar and 12 tablespoons butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and banana extract. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Fold banana, toasted pecans, and pineapple into batter.
5. Spoon batter evenly into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 18 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Cool 5 minutes in pans on a wire rack; remove from pans.
6. Combine powdered sugar, bourbon, melted butter, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cakes. Otherwise combine pineapple juice and 1 cup of powdered sugar and use as a drizzle. Sprinkle with chopped pecans or toasted coconut to make them extra fancy.